Sunday, April 19, 2009

Coming Attractions And Days Gone By

Oh goodnes, this weekend went from crap to awesome.

I experienced my first concert by the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.

And, may I say, I am now an addict.

I have always wanted to go, and so this weekend, we saw Saint-Saens Symphony No. 3 for Organ.

Oh my gosh...

I cannot even describe to you the joy that overcame me when Strovinsky and Saint-Saens organ music pulsed through my whole being.

I swear, the woman playing that giant, beautiful pipe organ had 30 fingers.

It was fantasmal.

Yeah, that's right.  

It was so awesome, I had to make a new word for it.

We sat in the Choral Terrace so we could see all of the musicians music and look up behind us to see the woman playing organ.

I loved looking under the keyboard to see the keys moving.

It was like watching Fantasia.

I pictured all the colors of the rainbow.

There was a lot of red. :O)

But that probably will not compare to this coming weekend.

I looked in the program to see that they are playing Mozart's Requiem...one of my favorite classical pieces of all time.

So,  I have convinced my mother that after we finally see the Tut exhibit on Saturday, we should have a nice dinner in Dallas and then enjoy a lovely evening at the symphony.

I am too excited for words.

Jubilant would probably best match my emotion.

AUGH!  CULTURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment